Here he is after!Here's how it happened...
I thought that we had made it through the "gum in the hair" stage with out incident. Unfortunately, I was wrong. Nathanael loves gum and, until now, has been able to chew it without getting it everywhere. However, every now and then I would catch him pulling the gum out of his mouth making long strings and then swinging it around like a lasso. I would promptly remind him that his gum belongs in his mouth and that he would have to spit it out if it didn't stay there. Well... I was at a baby shower on Saturday, Caitlin was taking a nap, and daddy was snoozing on the couch. With a rogue six year old in the house it was a recipe for disaster! Here are the details from what I could gather from Nathanael and Nat when I got home. Nathanael was enjoying his gum so much that he decided to do the usual "pull the gum into a long string and swing it all around" when disaster struck. The gum landed on top of his head! In an effort to remove the gum he made it worse. Then deciding not to wake daddy, Nathanael went for the scissors to remove all evidence of his crime, or so he thought. He took my scissors and cut a big chunk of hair from the top of his head. He was so shocked at the amount of hair that he ran crying to daddy who couldn't quite figure out what happened being wakened by a crying hysterical boy with a wad of hair in his hands. Nathanael finally calmed down enough to be able to tell him his grim tale. Nat called the lady that cuts their hair and explained the situation. She agreed to do what she could to "fix" his hair. When I got home I examined his head and agreed that something would need to be done, so off we went to the stylist. She took one look at it and said that she couldn't "fix" it without using a #2 guard on the clippers. I knew how short that would be, but saw no other way around it... So needless to say, Nathanael has a new nick name around here. Nat now refers to him as "Buzz." Nathanael actually likes the new look and coincidentally he wanted to know what he'd look like with no hair a couple of weeks ago. Needless to say, Nathanael won't be having any gum for a while.



6 comments:
too funny! love the "chews the right". I'll bet he got a "told you so" instead of being "chewed out". Bet Uncle David has a new "best friend".
I am laughing so hard... He looks pretty cute with his new "BUZZ"
so funny! if it ever happens again when you're around, penut butter gets gum out of hair!
so glad I got to meet Kaitlyn on Friday. so sorry about the timing and the traffic, etc. we will definately come out and see ya'll again!
That is too funny..........
aawww....he looks so cute though! At least he's a boy, just wait until that happens to Caitlyn...no fun. And the peanut butter thing does work really well, if they don't cut it out themselves;)
I am laughing loud enough to attract attention! Ha! Especially the part about Nat waking up to his hysterical son with a wad of hair in his hand!
I like his new "summer look" -- and with the warm weather we've had, it might as well be summer (or at least spring)...
Post a Comment