Friday, September 11, 2009

Caught In The Act

It has been a few months since I updated our blog. I have been caught-up in the world of kids, family vacations, trying to figure out how to upload photos from a new camera(thank goodness for Nat), a crashing computer hard drive and my new favorite pass-time...Facebook. Whew! I have lots to update, so here is just the beginning of what has been happening lately.

Caitlin has just turned 18 months and is into everything!!! Even now she is handing me everything out of the "pencil drawer" in the office. She is so polite about it too. She says "tate too" (thank you) each time she hands me something. She won't stop saying it until I take the item and say thank you back to her. I now have more items out of the desk drawer than I do in it.

Besides emptying everything out of the drawers in the office, she likes to "help" in the bathroom too. She goes through the same process with all of my toiletries. When she finds the toilet, she can't resist flushing or splashing in it. Ugh! Once she did it several times in one day because someone would forget to close the door to one of our bathrooms. On one occasion, I could hear her in the bathroom splashing away. So, I grabbed the camera and caught her "in the act." (See attached video)

In addition, if I don't make sure the laundry door is closed she will empty the cat's water dish all over the floor. Sometimes she will wait until she sees me and then run as fast as she can to the dish and dump it out! She has already done it once today. So, you can see that my day has been pretty busy cleaning up water and making sure certain doors are closed. It is only a matter of time until she figures out how to open doors. I'll really be in trouble then. Whew! I am tired already.

4 comments:

chattypatra said...

I can't believe that video. LOL. Oh, and that family picture is A+!!!

Amanda said...

That cracks me up!! She is so cute how can you get mad at the face haha :) I love the picture on the top. I need to down load mine too and do a real post! Miss you guys

Jade said...

I love your new family picture! Let the trouble begin. I think it gets easier sometime in the next couple of years:)

Rebekah said...

Hahaha! Glad you caught her in the act on film -- you can blackmail her with that little video clip the rest of her life! :)