
No, it's not what you are thinking! When you have a picky eater you will resort to any means to get them to eat what you have prepared! (I'll get to that in a minute.) Last week at the dinner table we were having a conversation. Nathanael wanted to know why he had to go to bed early and why we got to stay up late. Nat proceeded to tell him that adults get to have a party when the kids go to bed. He said we play fun games, watch movies, eat lots of candy and yummy desserts. He followed it up with, "...then we make sure that we eat it all gone before you wake up." By this time Nathanael looked like he was about to cry. Seeing this as the perfect opportunity to get him to eat something other than chicken nuggets, pizza, or hot dogs, Nat told him that if he ate his dinner every night during the week he would get a special "adult dessert" fixed especially by him at the end of the week. Needless to say, Nathanael is eating better. He asks me every day, "What are we having for adult dessert tonight?"
3 comments:
I'm excited I found your blog! I haven't seen you since you got your hair done and I think you were like 8 mo. pregnant! Caitlin is soooo cute and I can't believe how big Nathanial is! Zac is still a totally picky eater too, I'll have to try the adult desert bribing on him!
ps Kathrine Bishop and I were just talking about your amazing carmal popcorn I NEED THE RECIPE!!!
You guys are terrible! Hey -- whatever works, though, right? Hahaha!
You guys crack me up with your tactics. Very sneaky. I'm dying to know what the mystery "adult dessert" is like. Post a picture!
Post a Comment