Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Teeth!

Caitlin finally has two bottom teeth that she has been working on for a while now. They broke through about two weeks ago and they are finally out enough to see. She is just like a little puppy chewing on everything - including my fingers and hands when she gets close enough.

Nathanael has lost eight teeth since last school year. There is a "loose tooth tree" at his school that is on the wall near the cafeteria. Children that have loose teeth and have lost teeth since the summer have their names on a paper tooth that is displayed on the tree. There is a foil star sticker on it for each tooth lost. Needless to say Nathanael is proud of his stars!

Nathanael is doing great in school. He will be performing one of the pieces that he played for his piano recital at the talent show soon. He is so excited about it and loves to play his songs for his friends. The piece he will be playing is called "That One Scary Song." Most of us know it as Toccata and Fugue in D minor by Bach. Of course, I would love to say that Nathanael is a child prodigy and can play the entire piece, but he plays a scaled down version of the first couple of lines of the piece. He did very well at his piano recital and played two pieces - the one previously mentioned and a Star Wars theme song duet with his piano teacher.

2 comments:

Jade said...

Yea!!! I'm so glad to see your cute family. What a great way to stay in touch with what's going on. I too, am finally caving to all of the pressure of starting a blog. I have a page. It just doesn't have anything on it (yet). But I will. I'll let you know when I finally get it in gear. What adorable kids you have. I'm so happy for you. Love, Jade

Amanda said...

You updated!!!! ;)You have the cuttest kids! Caitlin is getting so big. sniff sniff I do smell so good! lol