I just added this picture! I can't believe I found it. Too funny.I know there are lots of funny wedding day stories out there. So, here is ours. To start it off, I got strep about five days before our wedding. Go figure! I was so sick that I didn't think I was going to be able to get married. However, after a trip to the doctor, a blessing, and lots of rest I was feeling well enough to get married after all. We had our rehersal dinner the night before and we made it to the temple early the next morning to be sealed for time and all eternity as husband and wife.
After our ceremony I was waiting for Nat to come out of the dressing room so that we could go outside for pictures. It took him a very long time and when he finally came out he was wearing his khaki pants, dress shirt, and tie. I thought he was joking, but Nat didn't bring his tuxedo to the temple. Nat brought the tux bag, but the tux wasn't inside. (For those of you that don't know, we wear white clothes in the temple, so I wore my wedding dress and Nat wore white clothes for the ceremony. He didn't need the tux until after the ceremony for photos and the reception.)
Nat claims that I took the tux out of the bag the day before the wedding to inspect it and didn't put it back. I don't remember that at all. Luckily, Nat's house was only 20 minutes away and my brother was able to go get the tux. The photographer took my photos and all of my group family photos while we waited. Finally, my dashing groom showed up in his tux. The photo above was one of our first photos together as husband and wife. Today is a special day. Nat, thanks for being such a wonderful husband. I love you!
After our ceremony I was waiting for Nat to come out of the dressing room so that we could go outside for pictures. It took him a very long time and when he finally came out he was wearing his khaki pants, dress shirt, and tie. I thought he was joking, but Nat didn't bring his tuxedo to the temple. Nat brought the tux bag, but the tux wasn't inside. (For those of you that don't know, we wear white clothes in the temple, so I wore my wedding dress and Nat wore white clothes for the ceremony. He didn't need the tux until after the ceremony for photos and the reception.)
Nat claims that I took the tux out of the bag the day before the wedding to inspect it and didn't put it back. I don't remember that at all. Luckily, Nat's house was only 20 minutes away and my brother was able to go get the tux. The photographer took my photos and all of my group family photos while we waited. Finally, my dashing groom showed up in his tux. The photo above was one of our first photos together as husband and wife. Today is a special day. Nat, thanks for being such a wonderful husband. I love you!

8 comments:
Camie, I have to tell you about MY wedding memory (a bit similar to yours)... one week before my wedding, my poor little flower girl came down with chicken pox!! She had them on her face and I was very distraut thinking that I wouldn't be able to have my adorable flower girl in my wedding and even then, she wouldn't look as precious with the pox on her cute face. To my surprise, she came through the virus quickly and was able to be in my wedding. I was so happy watching her walk down the church aisle carrying her little basket in the dress my grandmother made especially for her. Now that little flower girl is a beautiful wife and mother and I love her very much. We know who my little flower girl was...(wink, wink.)
Congratulations! You're a cute couple, and have a beautiful family.
Oh man that would suck. What a story to remember. On my big day I left my temple recommend in Arizona and Kevin's wedding ring. Thank goodness my dad was my bishop and we used my brothers ring. lol. I love the picture you posted. We miss you guys!
That would have been awesome if you took wedding pics with your gorgeous dress and him in Khakis! you should have done a couple just for fun! tooo funny! and of course they always blame us instead of taking responsibility, like did he think the tux weighed like 2 oz. instead of 5 lbs?
You know, there is a picture of him in his khakis somewhere. If I find it I'll add it to this post.
Ok, Amber I found the picture just for you.
Aw, I love those pictures. You two don't look a day older - unbelievable!
I loved the tux story. . .
How many years has it been? You guys don't age!!! Wait a sec... are you vampires or something? :)
Post a Comment