Sunday, November 30, 2008

Wile E. Coyote


Last night at about 1:00 am (yes, I was up that late reading my new copy of Twilight- I just had to see what all of the fuss is about) I thought I heard Caitlin crying so I ran upstairs to find her sleeping soundly in her crib. As I came back down the stairs I was almost to my room when I heard the crying again. I started down the hall only to realize that the crying wasn't in the house. I thought someone was outside with a baby crying. As I went to investigate I stood by the front door and listened. It wasn't crying...it was howling! Coyotes aka. prairie wolves have been spotted in our area before. I haven't see one around here yet, but I sure heard one. This is all new for a city girl like me, you know. Well, it gets better. About 20 minutes later I heard what sounded like a coyote family reunion! There was so much noise that I just had to get Nat to hear what was going on. Our street backs up to a green belt of sorts and I was certain that they were out there. It was so loud! However, by the time I dragged Nat out of bed all of the noise stopped. The funny thing is that earlier I was reading about wolves and the werewolf legend of the Quileutes in Twilight. Scary! Ha!
I've attached a link to YouTube so that you can listen to what I heard. I swear from inside it sounded like crying. If you turn this on and walk down the hall you'll see what I mean! Check it out:


5 comments:

chattypatra said...

I couldn't listen to more than a few seconds! Back in Puerto Rico we had that problem with stray CATS. They would cry at night and it would totally freak me out! I get chills just thinking about it.

Rebekah said...

That is SPOOKY -- esp. since you were reading about werewolves! I'm so glad you *finally* read Twilight. :) We need to get together and talk about it! And you need to go see the movie -- soooo good! I wish I were close enough to take you. I wouldn't mind seeing it again (3rd time!).

Midlife Rambler said...

Thats a fun story. It reminds me of the time back when I was in High School when I came home late one night. I could hear sime pigs snorting and squeeling in the brush across the street! Go figure that one!

Amanda said...

I would be kinda scared. But then at the same time that's pretty cool.

Jade said...

YIKES!!!!