
Amber(my dear color specialist friend) will be so disappointed in me... In an effort to save money in the current economy, I decided to try coloring my hair at home. I haven't done it myself in over 6 years. I was shooting for a dark brown color and ended up with an almost black color! You know it is bad when your 6yr old asks, "Mommy, why did you color your hair black?" I am trying to convince myself that I was going for a "goth" look, but the only way I can keep from crying is to laugh about it!! I called the company to see what I could do to lighten it and was told that I would have to strip it and then redye it. No, thanks. I'll just keep my new "goth" look for now and tell everyone that I was going for a dramatic look for Fall. What do you think?
8 comments:
You are beautiful no matter what. It looks good. Different, but still good.
Well... actually I think it looks pretty Good! Just tell Nathaniel that you want to be Princess Amadala! Really, it looks Great!
I think it actually looks really good. I like it dark. And just think, over the next week or so, it will lighten up everytime you wash it. Leave it. You look cute.
I love it!!!I think you look so good. But lets be honest here... you look good no matter what :) I'm sorry I didn't call you Sunday but it's pretty much a go for January!!!!! I can't wait!
It looks great! What are you talkin' about???? Gothic shmothic. . . Amber would be proud!
You can definately pull it off! I'M NOT MAD AT YOU, I WON'T PAY WHAT WE CHARGE AT TONI AND GUY EITHER! If you do want to lighten it a little you don't need to strip it...
(just for you a secret recipe)
-use a strong cleansing shampoo (like Pert, Prell, or anything that says "clarifying")and mix with woolite (yes the liquid laundry kind)
-and shampoo with really hot water
a couple shampoos with this and it will fade asap.
Oh and... VO5 hot oil treatments, while they can make your hair silky are horrible on color and will most likely fade it even more!
have fun! love ya!
You're the best Amber! Thanks for the home remedy! I'll keep it just in case...
It looks great! Heak -- your hair would look great even if you dyed it pink! Don't worry about it. You're still one of the most beautiful women I know!!!
AOE
Post a Comment